Saturday, May 15, 2010

While Bryn's wining and dining...


...we're having a party :) The girls and I love to hang out in the kitchen together, singing and baking and of course, all pitching in to clean up after the mixing bowl has been licked clean. Tonight we made cinnamon muffins and I got to enjoy watching Savannah and Madison tuck into their delectable treats with a glass of milk. I'll share the recipe, as you may just want to run off and make these.

Cinnamon Muffins

1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 c wholewheat flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add:
3/4 c melted butter
1 c milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix until just blended (for a soft, moist end result). Scoop into muffin cases(15/16). Bake at 180 deg C for 20 minutes.

Topping:
1/8 c melted butter

1/8 c brown sugar
1/8 c white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Brush baked muffins with melted butter. Sprinkle sugar mixture over muffins. Allow to cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Madison's thumbs up! I'm so excited to have a good oven and be able to use some of your recipes. Keep on sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have you know, that it's not all wining and dining :-) Every now and again we have to drive along what could possibly be the most beautiful stretch of road I have seen - Chapmans peak. see http://www.capetownskies.com/9268/24_hout_bay_chapmans_llhd.jpg