Saturday, April 3, 2010

London

Bryn has been in the US on business for 2 weeks {2 to go still}. On the way to the airport, Sophie puked everywhere. Great start! Why is that the case whenever the Daddy leaves? It just got progressively worse from that point on. Sophie was listless, fatigued and weak. She refused any form of food or fluids and became dehydrated after 6 days. After a trip to the emergency rooms in the middle of the night and a couple of doctor's visits, we got her admitted into the hospital for rehydration. I was beyond tired by this point and felt flu symptoms coming on thick and fast.

London was supposed to be the hi-light of my week, as I had a long standing girls' trip planned from the Thursday night. Sophie and I spent the night in the hospital on Wednesday. The chances of the trip materializing looked grim, but once she had received sufficient fluids, she perked up and returned to her energetic, mischievous little self. The full night's sleep in the hospital was just what I needed and we both awoke refreshed and much happier. I watched her closely for the remainder of the morning and early afternoon before making a final decision to leave her and her sisters with my good friend, Fiona, for the weekend. By 2pm, she was so much better and I rushed around madly packing for a weekend of fun. Phew.

Allison, Angie, Laura and I had a BLAST. It was such a fun couple of days. We walked London flat, we ate cinnabons {lots}, and we exercised our tummy muscles with plenty of laughter. Mamma Mia and Legally Blonde were our show picks this year. We lost control, singing at the top of our voices to all our fav Abba songs. Sleep was one thing we got very little of. In fact, we totally scrapped the idea of sleep on our last night. We did all pay dearly for that crazy decision later on, however. Walking zombies. That's what we were! Thanks girls, the company was awesome. Fiona, thanks for making it all possible!! Brynny, thanks for spoiling me with the hard earned cash :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to have your fun week-end after all, Claire.
What a wonderful friend Fiona is - thanks for taking the place of all the grannies, grandads and aunties and uncles, Fiona - we owe you bigtime!!!!! Love, Nanni

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun and laughter like only girls can. Fiona you are a friend in a million. So happy you could go away Claire.
Love
mum

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun and laughter, like only girls together can.
Fiona is a friend in a million.
Love mum

Angie said...

So much fun!! Some of these pics need an explanation...except an explanation wouldn't help anyone that wasn't there to understand our madness... I laugh every time I see pics. We have to do it again!

Unknown said...

Great post! Anxious to get copies of the pics... Thanks for the memories Claire!!!