Thursday, April 15, 2010

'Clean' Food Recipes

Here are a couple of simple 'clean' food recipes I'm enjoying at the moment. Thanks Nicola, for the idea! I'll post some more in the next few days.

Creamy Oats & Cottage Cheese (great breakfast!)

1/2 cup oats (starchy carb)
1/2 cup cottage cheese (protein)
Sugar Free maple syrup
Blueberries

Make oats into porridge with water (less water for a drier, thicker porridge) – add some maple syrup to sweeten the oats, add the cottage cheese. Sprinkle a handful of blueberries over the top.

Grilled Salmon Salad

100g fresh salmon fillet (protein)
Lettuce, asparagus or dry roasted zucchini slices, baby truss tomatoes or 2 sun dried tomatoes (salad)
Avocado (fat)
1 tbsp low fat Caesar dressing
Sea salt to taste

Grill salmon to crispy. Add to salad and enjoy.

Chicken and Avocado Guacamole

100g cooked chicken (protein)
50g avocado (fat)
Small chunks of red onion and tomato
Lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop cooked chicken and avocado into bite size pieces. Add all other ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Serve on rice cakes or wholewheat bread.

An Apple with a Twist

1 big red apple sliced thinly
1/2 cup cottage cheese (I love the lumpy kind)
Sugar free maple syrup
Cinnamon

Top sliced apple with cottage cheese, a smidge of maple syrup and a dusting of cinnamon. DE-lish!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds good, except for the sugar free maple syrup. How can something like that exist? When I make homemade syrup it's 1 cup of boiling water to 2 cups sugar plus some mapeline, so I'm wondering how it tastes... Obviously it's edible, just not sweet??? You're fabulous Claire. Good luck as you continue! :)

Claire said...

Not 100% sure why it's called 'sugar free' maple. I just bought the biological one from the health store and hope for the best! It's YUMMY--so I'm sure it's all sugar. I use just a little bit to flavour.

Claire said...

Actually, Laura. Just found the sugar free syrup on a dutch webshop. It's an imported American brand. I'm excited to try it.