Friday, July 18, 2008

Let the Summer Holidays Begin...


I've lived in Holland for nearly 6 years (almost 1/5 of my life--scary?) and still battle to get my head around the idea of the school year ending in July. It just seems so strange not to finish in December like we did in South Africa (at the end of the real year and to start a new school year afresh, come the commencement of a brand new year). Well, whichever way it works, the summer holidays are here and I'm looking forward to having my babies home for 6 weeks. Hopefully we'll be treated to a few sunny days to spend beside the pool, but otherwise I'm armed with lots of rainy day extras to keep hands and minds busy, should Holland decide to be Holland again this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jadyn and I are looking at your blog together and wish you all Happy Summer Holidays!!!! Love Mom and Jadyn.