Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday

Last night I was treated to a special birthday dinner, thanks to Amy and Laura. The Caldwell's are quite the entertainers and provided a full on bbq and a totally scrumptious pavlova. Cranium kept us busy humming, drawing, guessing and laughing for the next couple of hours. By the way, a square can be a rectangle, but a rectangle can never be a square. Remember that--you may need it the next time you play Cranium! I was given a gourmet-look black and white striped apron and black oven gloves from Laura and a ticket to see Les Miserables on the Westend from Amy (which we used when we went to London in May for our girls weekend). Ruthie was so thoughtful and organised a Bjorn Borg gift voucher way before my birthday before she left for her long summer vacation. 'Detroit Hopping' lately? We miss you, girl. Thanks for all being such great friends.

Oh and just something funny that happened to me yesterday morning...I was about to start Friday's Body Pump class when my boss came up to me and asked me to speak to a very well to do African expatriate woman who attends my class. Someone had complained that this African lady S*T*I*N*K*S the class out. That's 100% true. She obviously doesn't have very good hygiene habits, but why did I have to go and tell her she stinks? How is one supposed to break the news lightly? Surely she should pick that up on her own? Or maybe not? I opened all the doors and windows to air the hall out a bit, but I wasn't going to chat to her at the beginning as it was bang on 9:15 start time. Well, trust the Dutch to save the day. They have no worries when it comes to being frank, very frank. A lady went up to this woman and kindly told her she stunk and handed her a spray can of deoderant (which in my opinion, only makes the original smell worse), which she went outside to use, came back in to return, and happily carried on with the class as per normal. The things I get to deal with as a Body Pump instructor!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your lovely entertaining news, but please what is a Bjorn Borg Gift Voucher? He stopped playng tennis many years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love, Mom.

Claire said...

He has a great clothing line now, Mom. Great stuff!!