Friday, July 25, 2008

Horse Ham Anyone?

Yesterday was what seemed the huge shopping day. Feeling queasy didn't make being in Albert Heijn an easy visit, so I tried to get through it as quickly as possible. There are often food samples on offer in the cold meat and cheese section and the girls like to munch on a block of cheese or a piece of worst toward the end of the visit. Yesterday we mosied on through the said section and I turned around and saw Savannah chomping on something. I had noticed the sign when passing and felt ill thinking about even sampling this on a non-morning sickness day. No, it can't be. She can't possibly be eating what I just saw all rolled up on that plate back there! Aren't you just dying to know what the sign said? "Heerlijke Paarde Vlees".

C: Savannah! Do you know what you're eating?
S: Ham?
C: No, Savannah, that's horse--all rolled up into a lovely looking piece of ham with a tooth pick through it.
S: Oh, it tastes just like ham. Is it supposed to taste gross?
C: No, you're welcome to enjoy it.

And she did. Ewwww.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How hillarious to eat horse meat but think of eating PIG!!!!
I ate corfu chicken in Greece before they told me it was 'bulls balls' Love mum

Claire said...

Mum! You're so naughty;)

Anonymous said...

Wow savannah thats a top treat - now you have to neigh for us...
Shea