Firstly, Dad, I remember when you came to visit us in Holland back in the summer of 2003, you were amazed at the size of the beautiful, enormous hydrangeas in flower. This is for you--it sits at my front door and reminds me of you each time I pass.
Secondly, Madison and I love the time we get to spend together during the day. Sandpaper letters is a favourite activity of late and she's catching on fast! I love my lil' spunk. She so wants to be like her big sister.
Thirdly, another mommy/daughter moment is spent in the late afternoon/evening at the piano everyday. I love to spend this time with my clever, talented, fun, amazing daughter. She's such great company.
Oh, and finally, the more I try to keep the handprints off the glass sliding door, the more they seem to appear--and in great abundance too. Today I took one of those deep breaths and quickly realised how great it is to actually have them on the window. It means there's children around, it means there's laughter, fun and learning in progress. It means they're still small and it means that this phase will quickly pass, which then makes me feel sad. Because soon, noodles won't be called poodles or noonils anymore, paperments will have to eventually be called by their real name pavements and special hugs during the day will no longer be cool. Savannah will also soon realise that she can indeed count out a sum with an answer of 12, even though she only has 10 fingers. I am grateful for little reminders of how much my girls mean to me.



3 comments:
Enjoyed your entry, and watching you this morning with Madison. Love Bryn.
I can't wait for my wife to get a little older - 'noddles' will become 'noodles'
okay, thanks spelling bee. noddles now reads noodles. x
So glad you are remembering to enjoy every moment you have with your girls while they are young. Love Mom.
Post a Comment