Wednesday, June 4, 2008

90210 Revisited


I was a huge fan of the popular 90's series 90210. I remember "Donna Martin Graduates" and when Kelly joined a cult. Who could forget Dylan and Val fighting the bad guys in South America? What about Kelly the drug addict who then befriended her rehab roommate? What about the tragic episode when Toni was blown up by her father Tony leaving Dylan to grieve alone. Then there were the hangouts - The Peach Pit, the beach club and later The Peach Pit After Dark. But, really the show was about the romance. I can't hear the song "Losing My Religion" without thinking of Dylan and Brenda. Then there was Dylan and Kelly and then Kelly and Brandon. Then all of these again in different orders. Plus, look at the transformation of David and Donna over the years. Even Steve finally ended up with a nice girl.

Once, I even attempted a make over in honour of the lovely Brenda. Remember that feathered/layered look she had going on? Only, it was without the help of a hairdresser or proper hair cutting implements--just a pair of blunt paper scissors, a mirror and me. Yep, I tried and then Heila tried to fix it. Crazy times!

Anyway, back to the story. I'm sure everyone has heard that they are bringing a new version of 90210 back to tv and Donna and Kelly have both signed on. Since I haven't heard anything about the return of David, Dylan or Brandon, does this mean that they broke up? What about David and Donna's wedding? I thought it was supposed to be true love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well there's something I never knew about you. B