Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Harries Strike Again

If I think back over the month of December 2008, there is a recurring theme--HOSPITAL. I'm beginning to wonder what it must be like to have a hospital-free week actually. Only this time, Bryn and I traded places. I took a tumble down these last night and I'm paying for it today. Headache from a very hard hit on the back of my head, a grazed elbow, bruised behind and ankle.

Luckily my tummy wasn't touched, but I still worried what an impact like this had on the baby. I did a bit of research online first and the general consensus was to go in and be checked. I called my midwife this morning and explained that I had slipped down the stairs {wearing socks of course}. She asked me to come in within the hour. All seemed fine from her side, but she wanted me to pay a visit to the hospital for further checks. When we finally got to see the gynaeocologist at 4:30pm, he was a bit upset that I was only seeing him 18 hours after I had fallen. He said I should have spent the night in hospital with an IV and heart monitors. He did a scan and also sent me for a 30 minute CTG test. All seems well.

The Harries stair rule: 2 hands on handrail going downstairs, 1 hand on rail going up. One little problem--the laundry is up there and how does one carry all the cleaned and folded laundry down these stairs with 1 hand on the rail, let alone 2?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

clairabell, i was so worried when mum told me!!! hope you are ok, and recover quickly. SO glad all is ok with baby. love you, and be careful!!! just tape the washing basket lid onto the basket and kick it down the stairs