Thursday, August 28, 2008

Love for Nie


The bloggersphere is an amazing place. I have been inspired by so many good, wonderful women out there who I have never had the privilege of meeting, and probably never will. Women who go about their daily lives as mothers, doing the best they can, making the most of each day, celebrating, sharing lessons learnt and of course, blogging about it all. One of these amazing women is Stephanie Nielson.

This is Stephanie and Christian Nielson and their family. Beautiful, right?!

Of her blog and what she shares of her life with a loyal and expansive audience, she says it best: "I blog because I love my life. Because I love my children. Because I love that Mr. Nielson of mine." It's simply something to admire.

Both Stephanie and Christian were in a private plane crash accident last week. A horrible one; recovery (still hanging on hope) is expected to be long with expenses anticipated in the millions. And it's become a situation that, regardless of my lack of connection to them and their family, has hit too close to home: she's 28, has 4 small children and is simply the most lovely of contributions to our world. (Read her blog (www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com) and her sister's (cjanerun.com) for details/updates.)
I've been thinking about this a lot--what I can do, how they will cope (thinking through the details is overwhelming for me), and what I can learn from this all?? Apart from spreading the word about donations for their recovery being accepted and taking to heart the challenge to make the "smallest offering" myself (a card? a prayer!), I'm left just wanting to create more, love more, enjoy more, share more, be nice, be happy and leave the world changed.

Today is Nie Nie Day. Go to her sister, Courtney's blog: cjanerun.com for more details on how to donate towards their recovery fund. Many silent auctions have been set up to donate proceeds to the Stephanie and Christian Recovery Fund. Check Stephanie's blog too, for a real boost. She is the most amazing young mother. Someone who has taught thousands through example and continues to do so, as she lies in a medically induced coma. Amazing.

1 comment:

Brian and Shawntel Ashcroft Family said...

Wow! this hits so close to home for me.. since this is my home town. The ward is nearby my family. I've emailed to see if they heard anything.