Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gum Guard

Our first hockey away game. I get up *early* for a Saturday in order to get to out of the door by 7:45am. Three parents were assigned to get the girls to the away game in Leiden, so meeting time was 8:15. We were well on schedule. I never have an issue with getting places on time. Easy. HALF WAY to our destination, I slam on brakes and realise we've left the freakin' gum guard at home. My friend Fiona's words of advice come flooding back to haunt me. "You can never have too many of these. Buy a bunch of spares." No shops open. No gum guard. No play. We fly home. Grab it, try and get hold of the parents who are waiting and arrive 10 minutes late. Not happy campers. And now I've got to tell them we won't be around for our home game next Saturday, as we're camping. Good start.

No comments: