Sunday, July 12, 2009

A little lump in my throat (completed!)

EDIT: YOU'RE PROBABLY WONDERING WHAT 'A LITTLE LUMP IN MY THROAT' HAD TO DO WITH WHAT WAS POSTED TODAY. I HAVE A HABIT OF LEAVING UNFINISHED BUSINESS OPEN AND SOMEONE CAME BY AND PRESSED PUBLISH WITHOUT MY KNOWING. HERE'S THE COMPLETED POST: Savannah's school organised a camp for groups 3 - 7 last week for end of year celebrations. I was quite surprised at their bravery for venturing out with such young children for 2 nights and 3 days! Each class chose a camp theme; one class that I noticed was all decked out like sailors. Savannah's class chose Aladdin. Her little tent group of 7 named their clan "Jasmines" and the password was "Het Paleis" (The Palace). So cute. Here are a couple of photos of the exciting departure day. The 'onderbouw' (groups 1 and 2--Madision's in group 1), came out to wave to all the older children leaving for camp. The school was so quiet with 75% of the children away, needless to say, so was our home!

Savannah wasn't at all concerned about spending a few nights away from us. She's good that way--never been the type to cling to me or suffer separation anxiety. I was the one battling a bit with the separation. Check out the video for my lump-in-the-throat moment. It's all part of being a mom, I guess.

We collected a tired, filthy dirty little girl from school on Friday evening. She had had a ball. We missed her very much and were so happy to have her back home safe with us again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Savannah - she looks so happy, and so grown up!!
Not sure what the black head bands represented?? (I am still up - 2a.m. worrying about the sale of the house!!) Thanks for the diversion!! Love, Mom.

Unknown said...

Oh Claire, you're brave. I don't think I would have been able to let her go without tagging along! :)

Anonymous said...

How sweet I remember saying goodbye to you girls when you went to the spirit of adventure. Sooo hard to let go
love mum