I've chuckled to myself while Bryn's moaned about his old, aged body. He's 5 years older than me, you see. So I can do that. I've always been the spring chicken. He's said time and time again, "you watch, you'll be there in no time. It all starts when you turn 30." I'm not here to tell you that my body's about to fall apart. In fact, I feel stronger now than I did before I had children. But what I am here to tell you, is that I've completed 29.99 years of my life and I'm feeling quite emotional about this new decade called the thirties. Life seems to be escaping my grasp way too quickly these days. With 1 hour and 35 minutes to go, bear with me for a minute, would you?
The twenties have been fabulous. I have accomplished much and have jammed all I possibly could into this short space of time. I married my best friend, I had 3 children, I studied, taught, moved countries, learned about life, matured, did hard things, saw parts of Europe, ran my own businesses, learned to stand on my own two feet, created our first little nest, took courses, exercised, raised a family, enjoyed raising this family and became a better wife, mother and Claire. I still have such a ways to go, but I have progressed and I have revelled in this incredible journey. So long, decade #3.
I look forward to what I can make happen in decade #4. There's a lot. I want to follow my passion for health, exercise, creativity and photography. I want to be a fantastic wife. I want to expand my mind, teach my children skills, values, morals and all that I know. I want to live my life, serve, grow and enjoy each day for what it brings.
Oh, and I want to be a laundry queen...and open my mouth and speak Dutch too. It's about time, wouldn't you say?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy Birthday Claire! :) I hope you have a wonderful day. We are looking forward to Saturday. You certainly have accomplished a lot in your twenties and I'm sure you'll do more in your thirties! :)
Wow what a wonderful life in a nutshell. Its good to look back and see how far you've come. You can do anything my sweet . The sky is the limit !!! love you soooooo much. Have a fabulous day
mum
Post a Comment