Thursday, July 16, 2009

30

I'll be honest with you and let you in on a little secret. Bryn arrived home from gym at about 11pm Tuesday night and I flung my arms around him and sobbed about turning 30! The twenties have been awesome; I enjoyed them so much and now I get why my dad turns 29 each year. Don't worry, I got over it pretty quickly and am so excited to be the big 3 0.

My day began with an early attempt at the happy birthday song from Sophie and later on, a delicious English breakfast delivered to my bedside by my sweet family. Yums. I was spoiled with cards and generous donations to my Canon 50D camera fund. I'm pleased to say that I've saved up enough for the camera body, but still need to save up a little more for a lens.

The girls and I ventured out later to play at the park with some friends. We returned home at lunch time to find the most beautiful flower delivery from my parents. Thank you so much. I absolutely LOVE flowers. And somehow a delivery makes it twice as special.

We took a train in to town to mosey around the camera section of our favourite electronic store and then continued on to the beach for a delicious seafood dinner treat at Simonis. The prawns were really good.

30 is going to be great. I just know it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 'officially' 30 year old Claire is looking fantastic! Lots of love, Nicola

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Claire - you WILL ENJOY YOUR 30'S - love the new hair style - you're really looking good!! Love, Mom.

amy said...

I love your new hair cute! tres chic!
xoxoxo

amy said...

hmmmm, I meant hair cut:)