Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beach Days

My favourite part of living in Europe is the extended evening hours during the summer. They are truly magnificent. Each year we eagerly await the extra daylight. In fact, we start factoring in an extra 15 minutes each week from December 21st.

We spent 2 consecutive evenings on the beach this week, once at Schevenigen and once at Wassenaarseslag. Kite surfing seems to be very popular sport here. Afterall, Holland is very windy and the waves only measure about 4.3 cm high. A perfect alternative to regular surfing. Bryn and I enjoyed playing some beach tennis while the big girls built sandcastles and Sophie just hung out, as happy as could be, in her maxi cosi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clairabell, these photo's are so lovely! I LOVE the one with bryn and sophie where her tongue is sticking out! Love the updates. I need to get cracking on mine. Just no time this week!

Anonymous said...

Lovely happy family pictures
love mum