
This is what I've been sweating over for the past few weeks--Savannah's book oral--in DUTCH, of course. And she's only in what, Grade 2? Bearing in mind, it's all in a foreign language which probably just hits the peak of my Dutch communicative skills level. It had to be a certain level (Avi 2), so I spoke to her teacher and we chose one from the school library instead of trying to figure it out ourselves at the public library. It's been one of those nagging chores that I have been putting off and putting off and in the process, worrying about, all because I had perceived it would be too difficult. We have cracked "Door Dik en Dun" open plenty of times to just read through it's 29 pages of small print and become familiar with the words and that's as far as it has ever gone. She's been practicing the 5 minute excerpt from the book for a couple of days now and today, being half day, I decided we were going to make this project a thing of the past. Our dear friend, Mikayla came over to help Savannah with her reading and questions this afternoon. Once Mikayla left, we got stuck in and rewrote the review in Savannah's own words, using the guideline the girls had come up with earlier. It is such a relief to finally have the review and picture drawn up. Now I can sleep! We'll continue practicing this week so Savannah feels confident enough to face the class with her very first 5 minute review next week. What a big deal for both of us!



1 comment:
Good luck Savannah ! Im sure you will be fine.
I will be thinking of you
Shea
Post a Comment