Monday, November 28, 2011

And to Wrap up November 2011

Christmas tree hunting was a higlight this week! Bryn refused point blank when I suggested chopping my own sisal plant and transforming it into a Christmas tree. He wasn't against the creative bit, but was point blank closed to the option of transporting the tree in our SUV. Luckily, Kerryann has a sense of humour and lots of patience, as she graciously offered her Prado and kind help to chauffeur, source, chop and transport in true cramped style my Christmas tree of choice. She soon stopped offering alternative tree size options, as once I had pointed out the tree that I wanted, there was no stopping me! I wanted big, I wanted bold...come on, my name is Clever Claire, afterall, so Clever Claire ALWAYS makes a plan to get whatever steals her heart from point A to point B--even if it means a touch of stress and strain. Once we arrived on site, and I had picked out my tree, I realized that it involved a substantial amount of bundu bashing. Remember, Cape Town boasts Cape Cobras, Puff Adders and the like during this gorgeous summer season, so I soon decided that I wasn't going to climb the obstacle course to capture my chosen tree and darn it, neither was Kerryann. So, out came the wallet, up went the hand and within the time it took to click my fingers, help arrived and was sawing away, way up high. Timbeeerrrr, I nearly got knocked out cold, but managed to escape being klapped on the noggin by my gorgeous sisal. We quickly removed all the flowers, did a bit of additional chopping in the hopes it would fit in the car. Fingers crossed. I picked it up, walked to cross the road and whooops, cops. Shew, they didn't seem to take much notice, so across the road we plodded. Did I mention that Hout Bay harbour isn't the safest of places? Oh well, the extent a girl will go to for a bit of ol interior delight. I underestimated the extreme size of my gorgeous tree and there was no way it was going to fit. We turned it this way and that, left and right. Back first, then front and eventually, with some extra sawing and another indigenous bout of help, the door closed and we were off. Hilarious. And see, don't ya think it's gawwwwwgeous????? Bryn even said "WOW!".





Savannah and Madison participated in a gymnastics display on Saturday, showcasing their skills and strength. Impressive.


We spent a gorgeous afternoon on the beach on Saturday. One frustrating aspect of Cape Town is the WIND!!! Boulders Beach offers complete shelter from the wind on a day good enough to spend outdoors, while the wind continues to howl everywhere but. We had a great time! Oh, and Sophie is potty trained! Thanks to Nanni! She still however, battles with releasing #2's. She holds on and holds on and then...see poopy pants. Thanks to a very brave daddy who washed her clean before getting into the car.



We visited Rumbly Bay yet again on Sunday, this time, to collect 2 big buckets of rocks to fill the half wine barrel for our Christmas tree. Sunday evening was spent trimming the tree accompanied by the gorgeous voice of Josh Groban in the background.


Braai Sunday. Yummo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Clever Claire - the tree really is gawgeousssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done - glad you eventually got it home. (Can you keep it for next year? Love, Mom. PS you will have to up the reward for the No. 2's!!!!!!!!!!

Jacques and Nicola said...

You stole a tree!? It does look lovely tho. Clever idea my friend, very clever.