That's something my mom always used to tell us girls when we were young and shy of boys. Growing up in an all girls family was lots of fun, but the male influence was heavily off balance and talking to boys was often a daunting task. We soon outgrew our shyness, (well, Heila quicker than I at about the tender age of 4--I'll leave the fun story for her to retell on her blog about the Wise boys next door and bare bums).
Anyway, back to the point. We did eventually realise how fun boys are and I'm quite aware of teaching this to my daughters, as we seem to be producing all girls too. Savannah has a little friend in her class called Valentijn, who lives just around the corner from us. They love to ride bikes together and I'm still having to get used to the idea of letting her ride around the block on her own. Children are given a lot of freedom here, as gardens are pretty much non existent and this country is made for easy commute on bicycle. I make her report back to the house every 5 minutes when they're out on their bikes. She's very good about it. I enjoyed watching the way they played this afternoon and eventually had to break up all the fun as the sun set. Tomorrow is another day.



No comments:
Post a Comment