Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Keeping Dutch Hospitals in Business

Yep, just to celebrate our 31 week pregnancy mark and the fact that the Harries LOVE hospitals so much, I came down with a stomach bug and spent half the night in hospital yesterday. I was cramping up quite a bit, which could have brought on premature labour. After all the prodding around, scans, blood tests and such, I was free to go home (at midnight) in the hopes of getting a good night's sleep. Baby is fine, I was just in pain. Overhearing another woman in the throes of active labour next door was enough to get my nerves going. That's going to be me in 8 or 9 weeks!!! Eeek.

Today has been much more uneventful (except for the part when I had to pick up Madison early from school as she had vomitted all over her teacher). She and I have been laying low this afternoon and plan to do so for the remainder of the week.

Last night was a good enough incentive to get the baby's items/sleeping quarters in order. I haven't even got sheets yet. I plan to go through my baby girl stash tomorrow and write lists of what is still needed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys have had it rough these past few weeks! shame man, hope everything goes well from now on!! love you all.xx

Anonymous said...

Kelsey is glad is isnt Madisons teacher. She doesnt do the puke thing very graciously. We were having supper when Madison phoned and announced she had vomited which put Kels off her supper
love mum