What a month!
I have:
* spent hours preparing for my first figure competition coming up on 1 Oct in Milan. Can't wait to head off with Ang and Allison for a weekend of FUN! I am amazed at the results I've obtained from sticking to a program 100%. I am loving this journey. 52 kg and 13% body fat is where I'm currently sitting. No worries--this is competition weight and I'll increase a bit during my off season training.
* a hernia operation scheduled for 11:45 today. It has to be repaired before the comp--10 days should be just fine for recovery!
* planned and successfully put on a church "High School Reunion" social with Angie on Saturday night. Karaoke and all. It was fun! Photos and perhaps even a video clip to follow.
* missed blogging! Our main laptop crashed a few weeks ago. It's very much the reason for the lack of posts and photos :( We're working on a solution, but for now, Bryn and I are sharing his work computer, so my www time is extremely limited. I'll pop in more often though!
* come to terms with the fact that summer is well and truly over and it's time to bake, decorate, light the candles and get cozy for the colder months ahead. I'm excited! We have such great friends here and get together often. We hang out in 'fields', each others' homes, hair dressing salons, and around camp fires and Russian sailors too...and spend our time laughing, joking and enjoying life. The kids all get on like a house on fire! It's great.
* spent many hours with Bryn starting up our little Vitality Burst Company. www.vitalityburst.com (website it under construction) -- supplying The Netherlands with healthy calories 'to go'. We believe there's a huge market for the healthy AND yummy combination, as opposed to just the yummy one (calorie loaded, of course). We've launched our very first product, "The Health Muffin", all beautifully wrapped and presented, with a label including ingredients, nutritional infomation and calorie count. Marketing is the name of the game now. We're doing out best to get it out for sampling and finding appropriate selling hotspots. We're targeting gym restaurants and coffee shops, and possibly school and business canteens.
Loving life and all the opportunities we have each and every day.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wishing you the best in Milan. Allison says you look fabulous! Thanks for the update. I hope you recover quickly from your little operation. :)
Sending God's richest blessings for a speedy recovery, Claire. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Love Nanni and Oompah.
Can't wait for Milan but first we need to get you better. Love the Health Muffin (so does my children!) and your friendship is so precious! I also need to go buy some more hair spray since I used it all last Saturday! Thanks for a fantastic party!!!
Post a Comment