Monday, July 12, 2010

Celebrating Six

Our toothless wonder celebrated six a couple of days ago. We had such a fun party with all her Dutch school friends. To simplify life somewhat, I arranged for the party to take place at my gym. A soccer world cup party with ball games, decorating flag T-shirts, and the authentic Dutch kipfilet, kaassouffle, croquettes en frites (chicken nuggets, cheese puffs and a cheesy crusted sausage and chips) for lunch filled our morning. No mess, no fuss, well at least not for us :) Bryn kept emphasizing how relaxed and fun the party was. We actually got to enjoy it, rather than running around like a frazzled pair of headless chickens. I baked and decorated my favourite cake yet; a soccer ball on a flowery pitch. Had to girly it up a tad. The birthday girl elegantly lost her second top tooth upon biting into her slice of cake.

She was desperate for a water gun, and a water gun she got! How she didn't end up with 13 guns, is a mystery, as she had told all her friends that that's what she wanted! What a magical day for our sweet Madison.

For the record, I did need an extended afternoon snooze that day, even though my only contributions were the party bags and the cake. That darn cake just took me 11 hours to bake and decorate. At least we have a break from birthdays until December. Perhaps I'll be making another party reservation at the gym...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC MY DARLING
LOVE MUM

Anonymous said...

claire, that CAKE!!! It is amazing!!! I love your creativity. You look so pretty aswell. Man, I miss you so much. Lets skype this week? Love you.xx