Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Reasons why I love him

* Last night we dropped what we were doing and took a drive at 9pm, just for the heck of it. And, we ching chong cha'ed who got to choose the direction of our little adventure. We ended up at the beach and enjoyed watching the waves and ships lit up way out on the horizon. His idea. (School holiday the next day, by the way...)

* I awoke at 2:30am to the sounds of our girls' favourite bedtime story -- Jethro Picket, the Little Cricket. (Bryn made up the story and it's grown into quite the novel now). Savannah had watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at school (in Dutch) and had bad dreams that night. She jumped in next to Bryn and he soothed her back to dreamland with her favourite bedtime story. 2:30am, I tell ya!

* Often takes Sophie upstairs for a bath while I get the kitchen cleaned up after dinner time.

* He gets so involved in Savannah's hockey games. He helps her understand tactics, drills her and shows interest in her talent.

* Reads Barack Obama's biography to the girls. They love this time with their Dad.

* Calls for family clean up time every so often. I'm amazed at how much we accomplish in just 15 minutes!

* He irons his own clothes!!

I'm one lucky gal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Brynny Boy!! Mission is responsible for the ironing skill!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You have a gem
love mum