
I don't claim to be any health guru, but I do claim the passion and enthusiasm I have for his topic. Bear with me for a minute...
Our health is one of the most important assets in our lives. We carry this body around with us wherever we go, so shouldn't feeding it and caring for it correctly be a priority? We should seek to feed and not just merely fill. I remember my Home Economics teacher telling us that we were lucky if our moms didn't know how to cook--the minute we start adding fancy sauces, toppings and methods to our dishes, more hidden and unnecessary calories are involved. A simple meal of grilled chicken, steamed potato and salad, for instance, is a perfect example of basic, yet healthy.
A healthy body assists us in so many different areas of our life. All it takes is some discipline and a determined attitude to form a habit which will eventually lead to a lifestyle. I plan to post a couple of tips, every so often, to keep us all motivated and on track.
Tip #1:
Keep a food diary. Write down what you plan to put into your mouth each day. I do this each evening and have the paper displayed on my recipe stand in my kitchen for the new day. Count up the calories (Weight Watchers is a fantastic method) and stick to the plan. You'll be amazed at the power you have to resist bad food choices by planning the day's meals. Having this paper visible serves as encouragement when the sugar levels take a dip and reminds you that everything that passes the lips counts for something.
Happy planning!



5 comments:
What wise counsel!! I'm in - it's the sugar dips combined with the depression that gets me every time, but I asm now reformed!!!!!!!! Thanks Claire,
Love Mom
You are so disciplined. Love the tip idea...will be looking out for all those. Love you
A fantastic idea! am going to implement it - will have to sharpen my calorie counting skills though! Lots of love, Nicola
Nicola--calorie counting is far too complicated for me. Try get your hands on a Weight Watchers booklet. All the calories are listed in point form i.e. 1 slice of bread = 1 point, a chicken breast = 2 etc. It's a much easier way to count down the calories throughout the day. You and I are allowed 18 points a day and if you breast feed, it's 32!! As you wean the baby it obviously becomes less and less. Good luck!
Thank you Claireabell! Will get my hands on one this week! Have just eaten swiss hazelnut chocolate....so we'll start tomorrow! ;-) Love Nicola
Post a Comment