
As a child, I got used to hearing folks comment on the size of our family. Like all of the time. Whenever we went out. Six kids, they would exclaim. No TV at home, huh? Oooh, I feel sorry for you and all those weddings you'll have to oneday pay for, they would say. All from the same father? You better be ready with your shotgun. Those boys will be lining up at the gate oneday. I began to wonder what all the hype was about. Parenting six kids can't be all that difficult. After all, I get to see it all in action. It's nothing, really, I would think to myself. NOT until I became the parent and discovered first hand, the time, effort, dedication, blood, sweat and tears it takes to rear a child, and not just bring it up, but to bring him/her up well. Anyone can be just a mother, but it takes a whole lot of time, love and gumption to be a really good mom.
I truly feel blessed to be doing what I love most, each and every day. I'm living a childhood dream. Mum, thanks for always making motherhood look like so much fun.
Happy Mothers Day to all!



2 comments:
What precious pictures! :) I'm glad you are living your childhood dream. Motherhood is definitely a wonderful thing.
You look like a very happy mom
love mum
Post a Comment