
To the two sweet Mothers in my life: I love you and appreciate the moms you are and the mothering you do to my little family. It's been such a fun month. We hope it's not too long before we make it back for another family reunion.
Happy Mother's Day to all you hardworking, sleep-deprived, bill paying, grocery shopping, errand running, fight-breaker-upper, toliet cleaning, floor mopping, laundry folding, weed pulling, homework helping chauffeurs! Our job is the bomb, right?
I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say, of course, it's all worth it. Those wet kisses, tender hugs, first words, and looks of admiration saved just for you make up for all the misery and pain that nine months of vomiting, 36 hours of labor, 23 stitches in your abdomen, or 20kg of "baby" weight may have heaped upon you. Obviously we'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Why? Simply because when all that occurred, something inside us snapped into place and we realized that this is what true joy is. I love being a mom.
With the help of Bryn and teachers at school, the kids treated me well this year. I got a beautiful home made hot pot stand, a bracelet, some retail therapy, and the cutest little card, hugs and kisses ever.
My favourite Mommy moments right now are:
- Madison curling her little hand around my index finger when it's time to hold hands
- listening to the girls play sweetly together
- huggie kissies before bed
- kissing my kids' rose-petal-feeling cheeks while they are sound asleep
- playing ching chong cha together and ending up in stitches of laughter
- hearing the girls say: "Okay, Mommy"
- hearing Savannah and Madison's prayers
- rough and tumble
- reading together
- playing 30 seconds
- hearing Savannah say: "I'm dressed and my bed is made, Mommy"



2 comments:
Hi Claire
cant believe you will be back on wednesday .The weather has been super .Will be at Schiphol am wed
All well at the house .We are waiting for you to post a photo of the wedding .Have a safe journey and dont shed toomany tears!!
Luv fiona
Thanks for taking care of our lives back home! Also can't believe a month has come to an end so quickly. Will post some wedding pics as soon as I can get my hands on any. The goodbyes never get easier.
Love, Claire
Post a Comment