Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reminded

Our fabulous domestic assistant, Lebo, has been off sick for the past 2 days and boy, have I been reminded how lucky I am to have her help each day.  Mundane cleaning has been something I haven't had to do for the last 18 months and I LOVE IT!  Although, it's taken me back to my time in Holland and I miss those days.  I miss my friend, Fiona.  I miss how different life was.  I miss our church branch in Wassenaar.  I miss deleukstetaartenshop.com (online cake shop).  I miss Bruna, a fabulous stationery store.  I miss Sligro, a huge specialized food shop--especially those Belgian chocolate chips.  I miss that little butchery in Voorschoten where we used to get such yummy pork ribs.  I miss the garden centres.  I miss this time of year with all the hype around Sinterklaas.  I miss the girls speaking Dutch.  I miss the flower season.  But, I don't miss the housework....

xx

No comments: