I baked and decorated my own wedding cake 10 years ago. A young bride should never have to make her own cake, in my opinion, as one never quite devotes the right amount of attention to a self order. Anyway, it was beautiful, but I'd choose something completely different if I could do it all over now in 2010. Well, Bryn and I want to do just that. We want to renew our vows and set a new course for our lives, now that we've grown and evolved as individuals and a couple over the past decade. So, I get to create my dream wedding cake!!! And this time, I will be making it again, (and it'll be my best order yet), as I've learned a few organizational skills since wedding cake #1. Now Bryn just needs to splash out and buy the bling ring for my left hand :)
50 hours of fun 'work' and I was ready to deliver this awesome cake today for a wedding. It's a layered red velvet and cream cheese frosting cake, decorated in white belgian chocolate strips, fresh cream roses and delicate organza ribbon detail. Red Velvet cake is my new all time fave. It's absolutely DELISH. (It'll feature as one of the tiers in my dream cake, for sure.)
One cute little detail: Bryn walked in to the kitchen last night, and presented me with a gorgeous bunch of pink roses. I was covered in white chocolate and red velvet cake crumbs and had been working solidly on this order for hours. Try and picture what my kitchen looked like. Any girl's dream, right?





2 comments:
Wow thats too beautiful what a lot of hard work went into that.
Well done my sweet
love u mum
Absolutely stunning!!
Post a Comment