Let me take a little intermission break between holiday posts to bring to you what I would like to focus on this year.
"If we wish away the moments, they will be gone. The things we have wanted to leave-the mess, the noise, the obligations-will be gone, but so will the children! This is true of every moment of life. If we do not see its joys, if we do not make the most of it, it will pass-and so will its opportunities."
-Jaroldeen Edwards
"Motherhood is just another name for sacrifice....No language can express the power and beauty and heroism of a mother's love"
-David O. McKay
"One thing I've come to realize about my less than perfect housekeeping is that a little love and laughter and flexibility in a home will cover a multitude of dirty dishes and frozen pizzas."
-From Becky Freeman's "Peanut Butter Kisses & Mud Pie Hugs"
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
"One of the ablest women in this country, now the wife of a university president, was brought up in poverty. She recalls an occasion when, as a girl, she complained of her hardships to her mother. 'See here," said the mother. 'I have given you life. That is probably all I will ever be able to give you. Now you stop complaining and do something with it.'
Each of us has some things we could complain about, but what good would it do? Complaining seldom changes anything."
-Marjorie Pay Hinckley
So in other words, the key messages that run through the above quotes are--
**laughter
**less is more
**cherish each moment
**life is what we choose to make it
I add these qualities to my 2010 story. I love the idea that "in the end, the only thing you really own is your story." (-Australia)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment