Friday, November 13, 2009

Busy

It's been a few weeks since I documented life in the Harries home. Between helping children with homework, running around to after school activities, cooking, cleaning, gymming, instructing, and trying to learn the ins and outs of photoshop, I hardly have time to sit still and blog. I've missed it and need to add November's photos to the photo a day blog. It'll come. Hopefully this weekend!

I've somehow managed to land myself a job at my gym. Description: Personal Trainer, specifically targeting the expatriate market. I'm excited, scared, overwhelmed. I guess I should start looking for a babysitter. The beauty of this type of job is that it easily fits into a suitcase and I get to choose my hours. Les Mills Body Attack is the next choreographed class I'll be training for. So excited.

Bryn is in the process of applying for jobs. Shell's restructuring is teaching us patience, humility and is pushing us down avenues we probably wouldn't have explored, had we remained in our comfortable rut. Cognitive dissonance.

Sophie has become a joyful handful these past 2 weeks. She. is. into. EVERYTHING. Watch out, grannies in South Africa. We'll be there in 3 weeks and I'm sure she'll be pulling your dishwasher drawers out too, just like when she's at home. Or how about plug points? That's a favourite. She's constantly determined to get her 7 month old self up to standing position. She crawls and wriggles and won't lie still to have a nappy change. She's a smart cookie who definitely knows what she wants! She is a fantastic sleeper and still lovingly gives us 12 hours at night. Wish us luck for our 11 hour flight. Did I mention it's an all day flight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!!!! What a great opportunity for you to grow - you are so perfect for it.

Can't wait to spend hours baby-sitting and just spoiling them rotten!!!!! Not too many sleeps left. (Just hope the hip holds out - a bit of a problem at the moment) Love, Mom.