Friday, May 25, 2012

Hand written letters are a thing of the past. Social media has replaced envelopes, stamps, writing pads, punctuation, paragraphs and spelling with instant messaging, spell correction, smses, bbms, auto spell and email. The children of today haven't a clue how to spell, let alone structure a letter. So that's my aim--to preserve a part of my childhood through a mother's and daughter's book of letters sharing love, laughter, lessons and life. I love my role as mother to the 3 beautiful daughters in my life. What a privilege and blessing it is. I don't want to forget a thing and this will help us remember.
The idea of this book is to be pen pals while living under the same roof. I'll hide the book with a new letter in it under a girl's pillow and she'll reply and hide it somewhere where I'll find it. It's a place to ask questions, share ideas, jokes and experiences and an opportunity to express love and appreciation to a special little somebody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea Claire - I know the girls will gobble it up!!!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Super, super idea.
love mum

Jacques and Nicola said...

I love this idea Claire, have stored it away for future use. Your girls are going to love it, as are you. Such a special activity.

patricia said...

Beautiful idea! Came across an old email from you and clicked on the blog link. Fun! Hope you are well. Love your photography, too!