Life has an uncanny way of making sure it's teaching you lessons whether you're looking for them or not! We've been reminded recently what a wonderful gift each new day is and how each day is a brand new, crisp page on which we record our life's story.
I'm joying in the small beauties of life, like the fact the Sophie begs for her favourite story, Chicken Licken, not once, not five times, but like twenty times a day :). The big girls love to huddle around the story book and help read every couple of pages. I'm beginning to understand why Sophie loves this repetitive game soooooooooooo much. She's loved. She's doted on. She's the centre of attention--twenty times a day! (and that's just story time). Imagine all the other ways she thinks up to get our undivided attention. She's a cutie of note!
I'm joying in the small beauties of life, like the fact the Sophie begs for her favourite story, Chicken Licken, not once, not five times, but like twenty times a day :). The big girls love to huddle around the story book and help read every couple of pages. I'm beginning to understand why Sophie loves this repetitive game soooooooooooo much. She's loved. She's doted on. She's the centre of attention--twenty times a day! (and that's just story time). Imagine all the other ways she thinks up to get our undivided attention. She's a cutie of note!
We enjoyed a visit (albeit brief), from our aunt and uncle from Johannesburg last night. We LOVE having visitors, so please schedule your bookings ;) Homemade Friday night pizzas were on the menu again. Yum.
I made this for an order for a dear friend yesterday. Loved this project.
Made pancake batter for 100 just now. We're celebrating national heritage day in a big way. Meeting with friends. And guess which nationality we've picked? Got the chocolate spread, syrup, poedersuiker and pans, spatulas and batter all ready to go.
I'm trying to spend 10 minutes a day out here, soaking in this beauty. Believe me, 10 minutes of quiet, still, task free, mindless time is a difficult feit for me. I'm beginning to enjoy it. It's my time to remember the rich blessings that surround me wherever I go.
Happy to have been alive this week :)



1 comment:
So glad you are all finding joy in each and every day. Love Mom.
Post a Comment