Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Whirlwind continues...

Our house is being renovated and prepared for tenants. It's been quite a busy place these last couple of weeks--workers, packers, delivery men and dust, dust, dust. Luckily, the dust will be history, come Monday. Wish I could say that about the contractors. Somehow, they always seem to take much longer than they initially predict; but at least they've done a great job! Bryn spent Saturday evening on his hands and knees, sanding the hardwood floors in preparation for 2 lovely fresh coats of varnish today. It's looking gorgeous. We couldn't have achieved what we have, in this short amount of time, without the help of so many wonderful friends. We are very grateful for all the time, love and energy we've been offered.

I find myself wiping away tears most days. Partly, due to a major lack of sleep, but mostly, due to the fact that leaving is starting to feel real now. I really wish I could pack all the blessings from Holland in an airplane and fly them off to Cape Town. Saying goodbye to the people who we love is the hardest thing ever. I keep reminding myself that feeling sad is OK and makes the time spent here worthwhile, as it means we got to love, be loved, and build friendships that'll last forever. Afterall, we have access to skype, facebook, email and smartphones!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank heavens for modern technology. And I have learned (through several moves) that the Wassenaar bunch are loyal friends who do keep in touch! :) Good luck on this next chapter in your lives. Looking forward to updates as you settle...