Saturday, January 1, 2011

A 2011 Umph

The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!
This is my theme for 2011.
'Try' and 'tri-umph'.
The former, offers a small chance at hitting that bull's eye, and the latter, a clear picture of success and achievement and sheer reward.
To me, simply 'trying', negative in nature, eludes to giving something a half hearted go and seeing what happens. It's stepping out of the comfort zone temporarily and snapping back just as fast due to self doubt, fear and a lack of commitment. It's aiming for an invisible target. 'Try' is related to 'maybe', 'I think' and 'we'll see'. Anyone can try for a day.
Triumph, on the other hand, is made up of concrete, realistic, positive images and reminders along the journey's path. It connects with the subconscious. It's cousins with 'I can', 'I will' and 'I know/believe'. It's consistency. It's dedication. It's accurate aim. It's direction. It's a reason. It's holding on when you feel like letting go. It's about aknowledging the past, living in the present and accurately eyeing the future. It just takes an extra little
'umph'.

Happy 2011 to you all! May every day of 2011 be celebrated like January 1st--with a resolve to be better, with the turning of new leaf, with good wishes and hope for a better day.
I have set a couple of great goals for 2011. I plan to make good friends with 'umph' this year and gladly welcome triumph into the Harries family culture.
Stay tuned for some December updates--Sinterklaas, Christmas and Savannah's 10th birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

claire, i just want to cry!! That made so much sense to me and it's a brilliant way to live. I am going to do this too. Miss you so much. Can't wait for photo's from Christmas from your side. xxx

Julia said...

WOW! So beautifully said! You rock :D